n.8. William H. WORTLEY, geb. Oct-Nov-Dec 1925

n.8.  William H, (Bill) geb. Oct-Nov-Dec 1925, Preston, Lancashire, England, oorl. 01/2008, Preston, Lancashire, Engeland x 1957, Preston, Lancashire, Engeland met Ellen Mary TATTERSALL, oorl. c. 1977 xx 1982, Preston, Lancashire, Engeland  met Irene BENNETT.

William H. was die seun van  Enos Wortley en Edith Lindley.

Then there was my father- the youngest with 5 older sisters. He had the charmed upbringing of having 5 older sisters who doted on him. My father married my mother Ellen Mary Tattersall, also of Preston. I had a very emotional moment at 16 when my mother told me she has been married previously to. Mr Harrison, who hadn't been nice, so she left him and returned home to her living family. Her sister Lucy had married the lifelong friend of my father Charlie Just,  and that's how they got together.  My mother, known as Mary, had a bad heart through rheumatic fever as a child, and was advised not to have kids but managed to have just me. Growing up, the family was everything and as well as my parents centered around Clarice, Edna and my Aunt Lucy along with my cousin Deborah, her only child. We grew up as brother and sister and we are still close. Every weekend we all got together -  obligatory even when I was in my late teens. My mother died when I was 18 and all the family gathered round and looked after my dad and me. Almost smothered us with support!  My father remarried - Irene and although he has passed away remains close to us. (Michael Wortley)

The Wortleys were all to some extent nervous and shy (my dad, Ann  in particular) or at the other extreme completely over the top. (Michael Wortley)